Tamiya 1/16 RC Centurion Mk.III Full Option Model Kit
The Tamiya R/C Centurion Mk.III Full Option Model Tank Kit is the latest addition to this series of radio controlled tanks from Tamiya.
By the end of WWII, the British military was developing counters for the powerful German Tiger and Panther tanks among others, and one of the designs they chose was the Centurion. Fitted with the 17 pounder gun initially, its sloped armor and Horstmann suspension set it apart rather from its British predecessors. Although it was not in time to be deployed in WWII, it was quickly pressed into live action in the Korean War, which broke out in June 1950 – more precisely, its Mk.III model was pressed into action, a variant which was upgunned to significant effect with the 20 pounder. The Centurion Mk.III was a key presence, to the extent of its being often named as the most effective fielded in the United Nations force. A number of further variants were developed in later years, as the Centurion served various European militaries and even equivalents in India and Israel.
About the Model
- This is a 1/16 scale R/C model assembly kit depicting the Centurion Mk.III.
- The powerful form with 20 pounder gun is recreated with formidable accuracy.
- Utilizes an aluminum main gun barrel for a crisp, precise finish.
- In addition to the standard part, an optional version of the gun shield canvas cover intended for display models is included.
- Take control of a full range of model and turret motion.
- Features a realistic rendering of the full-size tank’s Horstmann suspension.
- Can be used with the separately sold Tamiya Battle System for enthralling battles with other 1/16 scale R/C tanks.
- The main gun offers elevation up to 18 degrees and depression of 7 degrees, in conjunction with realistic sound, controlled at your fingertips.
- The turret rotates a full 360 degrees, with transmitter control over speed. The model raises the gun up if it is on course to hit the rear deck.
- When the gun is fired, a flash is emitted from an LED via the clear part in the muzzle, accompanied by sound, recoil and vehicle kickback.
- 7.92mm Besa machine gun burst fire is accompanied by sounds and flashing from an orange LED installed in its tip that depicts muzzle flash.
- The bulky turret is accurately rendered in 1/16 scale, with detail such as cupola hatch and side stowage cases. Cast surfaces are also depicted.
- Plenty of accessories give the kit a further accent: shovel, tow cables, crowbar and more. The fender-top exhaust is another point of interest
- Resin depictions of the single-pin tracks are pre-assembled. The aluminum gun barrel is a precision, easy-to-use component.
- The gearbox unit features twin Type 380 motors, for plenty of power at a range of speeds from slow crawling to top speed.
- With an aluminum chassis and die-cast components such as drive sprockets and suspension arm, the model enjoys good durability.
- Just like the full-size tank, this model has a Horstmann suspension setup, which allows it to take on undulations and obstacles.
- The model battery pack is installed in the rear under the engine deck, which is magnet-attached for simple, quick access when required.
- The DMD-T11C control unit does the hard work of coordinating various actions, sounds and lights to make this an immersive model!
- A bass reflex speaker with metal baffle plate gives deep, rich sounds. Volume is adjustable via transmitter operation.
- Minimum of 4 Channel Radio Control System (Not Included)
- 2x 7.2 V Nimh Batteries (Not Included)
- Mains 7.2 Volt Charger (Not Included)
We have packaged the radio control system, batteries and charger together for an easy additional purchase.
Model: 56045 R/C Centurion Mk.III Full Option Model Tank Kit
Wonderland Models deliver throughout the UK and Overseas. We endeavour to dispatch orders immediately but certainly within 48 hours of receipt. Orders will only be dispatched once payment has been received.
|Order value (Including postage)||Delivery Cost and Type|
|Up to £70.00||£4.99 - First Class Royal Mail
(Delivery Within 1-5 Days)
£7.99 - DPD £7.99
(Courier Delivery Next Working Day)
Please be sure to give us your mobile phone number when ordering as DPD offer an email/text message option to enable you to receive notification of despatch and estimated delivery time. The express service requires a signature on delivery and must be ordered before 2pm for next working day delivery. The courier does not deliver on a weekend or bank holidays.
Express delivery is two days to some postcodes, and these incur a £6 surcharge. A list of applicable postcodes can be seen here.
European deliveries are sent by DPD. For details of delivery costs and times by country please click here.
For full shipping details please see the delivery section of our website here.