Tamiya R/C Monster Beetle 2015 Model Kit
Model Number: 58618
This item is not yet available. We can send you a reminder when it becomes available for pre-order.
This product can only be sent by courier due to its size or weight or because of Royal Mail restrictions on its carriage. For more details click here.
The new 2015 radio control version of the Tamiya Monster Beetle has just been released. This 1986 classic is making a come back.
This radio controlled model features the same stylised version of the timeless Volkswagen Beetle Body, mounted on an all-action 2WD chassis fitted out with big tyres for rough and tumble off-road fun.
The Monster Beetle promises to be great fun for both beginners and Tamiya veterans alike!
Specifications and Features
- 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 410mm, width: 290mm, height: 240mm.
- The injection-moulded plastic body accurately captures the classic Tamiya Monster Beetle shape and style.
- Where possible, the markings from the original model design have been recreated and combined with some newly designed markings.
- The rugged ABS space-frame chassis fromthe original model (58060) has remained. The chassis uses a double-wishbone front with trailing arm rear suspension setups that work in tandum with the CVA oil dampers.
- The rear universal drive shafts transfer power smoothly and come with rubber boots to protect them from dust.
- A large dust cover is included to protect the R/C equipment.
- The incredible 130mm diameter tyres with lug/pin spike tread provides fantastic off-road performance. The tyres are also paired with gold-effect, (one-piece) rims.
- A driver figure is also included.
We have packaged the radio control system, battery and charger together for an easy additional purchase.
ELECTRIC KITS REQUIRE:
- Radio: 2-Channel with servo(s)
- Battery: 6-cell flat with standard Tamiya connector
- Charger: AC/DC timed or peak for 6-cell battery
- Paint: Tamiya TS spray paints
Model: 58618 R/C Monster Beetle 2015 Model Kit
Reviewed by Alistair
Excellent product & service
Brilliant kit, like others I wanted one of these 30 years ago but couldn't afford one. My kids helped with the build and loved it so much they now have a Vanessa's Lunchbox. Very impressed with Wondeland Models; I Ordered this kit along with all the required paints and a staff member called very promptly to say one item was out of stock, would it be ok to substitute for another brand. All arrived shortly afterwards. Thank you :-)
Reviewed by Pakesie
Always wanted one!
I was a big fan of Tamiya RC in the 1980's & always wanted the Monster Beetle but couldn't justify the high cost of the kits back then. So, 30 years on...I have finally got my hands on the kit and am part way through the build. Looking forward to the first run out! Wonderland delivered promptly and I upgraded the RC pack for the 'racing' version.
Reviewed by Steve Bemrose
First class customer service, delivered in time, well packaged. What more could you ask for!
Reviewed by Simon Hughes
Excellent service as usual
Although I've not built my Monster Beetle, Wonderland Models provided an excellent service as usual. My delivery came quickly and well packaged. Looking forward to some time off to start the build.
Reviewed by alan ryan
I'm currently building and very happy with the service and delivery and product came in perfect condition thank you wonderland
Write a review
Wonderland Models deliver throughout the UK and Overseas. We endeavour to despatch orders immediately but certainly within 48 hours of receipt. Orders will only be dispatched once payment has been received.
Order value (including postage) up to £70: First Class Royal Mail £4.50 (Delivery Within 1-5 Days)
Order value (including postage) over £70: DPD £7.99 (Courier Delivery Next Working Day).
Please be sure to give us your mobile phone number when ordering as DPD offer an email/text message option to enable you to receive notification of despatch and estimated delivery time. The express service requires a signature on delivery and must be ordered before 2pm for next working day delivery. The courier does not deliver on a weekend or bank holidays.
Express delivery is two days to some postcodes, and these incur a £6 surcharge. A list of applicable postcodes can be seen here.
European deliveries are sent by DPD. For details of delivery costs and times by country please click here.
Delivery to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan and the USA is by Royal Mail or FedEx and is calculated on an order by order basis based on weight and size. We will contact you with the shipping costs on receipt of the order.
For full shipping details please see the delivery section of our website here.