Tamiya R/C Formula E GEN2 Kit
Model Number: 58681
Surface: Off Road
The Tamiya Formula E GEN2 is an R/C model assembly kit depicting the GEN2 car used from 2018 in the Formula E championship, the pinnacle of electric car racing. The sleek, high-tech body with arch covered wheels is recreated in polycarbonate. Halo, mirrors and rear diffuser/bumper are separately molded components. Markings are included to recreate the Championship Livery car, and the model is based upon the shaft-driven 4WD of the TC-01 chassis.
TC-01: Seriously Low-Profile
This durable composite monocoque-frame chassis provides shaft driven 4WD from a central motor via front and rear propeller shafts, with oil filled gear differentials. 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension employs long arms, plus inboard setups front and rear with oil shock-dampers actuated by push rods and rocker arms to allow the use of low-profile bodies. Adjust spacer width to easily alter camber, skid and toe angle settings. Both suspension arms and uprights are identical left, right, front and rear, for more efficient maintenance and pit work.
Spec & Features:
• 1/10 scale RC assembly kit.
• Length: 430mm, Width: 188mm, Height: 99mm
• Wheelbase: 257mm
• Tire Width/Diameter: 24/64mm (Front & Rear)
• Composite Monocoque-Frame Chassis
• Shaft-Driven 4WD
• Front & Rear Oil-Filled Gear Differentials
• 3-Piece Steering Tie-Rod
• Front & Rear Inboard 4-Wheel Independent Double Wishbone Suspension
• CVA Oil Dampers (Front & Rear)
• Gear Ratio = 6.56:1 (with kit 24T pinion)
• Use of different spacers allows alteration of camber, caster and toe angles for maximum freedom of setup.
• Change bumpers and body mounts to switch between formula and touring car layouts.
• The shaft-driven 4WD layout uses TB-05 design oil-filled gear differentials for smooth, efficient drive performance.
• Polycarbonate body
• Halo and mirror components are molded in white ABS.
• In addition to the unique Formula E Gen2 body, this chassis is compatible with standard touring car measurement bodies. Wheelbase: 257mm.
• Stickers are included to recreate the championship car livery.
• Compatible with IFMAR standard “square-shape” dimension battery packs.
• Required to complete: 2-channel radio, low profile steering servo, ESC, 7.2-7.4volt battery pack with compatible charger, and Tamiya PS paint for polycarbonate arts and Tamiya TS paint for ABS plastic parts.
We have packaged the radio control system, battery and charger together for an easy additional purchase.
Please note, the servo included in these radio sets is not for use with the Formula E-Gen2 as it requires a low profile servo (sold separately)
ELECTRIC KIT REQUIRES:
- 540 Type Motor
- Radio: 2-Channel transmitter & receiver
- Low Profile Steering Servo
- Battery: 6-cell flat with standard Tamiya connector
- Charger: AC/DC timed or peak for 6-cell battery
- Paint: PS for polycarbonate body shells
- ESC (not included)
Model: 58681 Formula E GEN2 TC-01 Chassis
Write a review
Wonderland Models deliver throughout the UK and Overseas. We endeavour to despatch orders immediately but certainly within 48 hours of receipt. Orders will only be dispatched once payment has been received.
Order value (including postage) up to £70: First Class Royal Mail £4.50 (Delivery Within 1-5 Days)
Order value (including postage) over £70: DPD £7.99 (Courier Delivery Next Working Day).
Please be sure to give us your mobile phone number when ordering as DPD offer an email/text message option to enable you to receive notification of despatch and estimated delivery time. The express service requires a signature on delivery and must be ordered before 2pm for next working day delivery. The courier does not deliver on a weekend or bank holidays.
Express delivery is two days to some postcodes, and these incur a £6 surcharge. A list of applicable postcodes can be seen here.
European deliveries are sent by DPD. For details of delivery costs and times by country please click here.
Delivery to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan and the USA is by Royal Mail or FedEx and is calculated on an order by order basis based on weight and size. We will contact you with the shipping costs on receipt of the order.
For full shipping details please see the delivery section of our website here.