Tamiya 1/48 Lockheed P-38F/G Lightning WW2 Fighter Model Kit
Model Number: 61120
The Tamiya 1/48 Lockheed P-38F/G Lightning WW2 Fighter Model Kit is the latest release from Tamiya in this range.
About the Model
• This is a 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit. Fuselage length: 240mm, wingspan: 330mm.
• The unique form of the P-38 is captured in style, with this kit allowing assembly of P-38F and P-38G
variants. This kit creates a parked aircraft.
• Features accurate depictions of early P-38 features such as slimline engine cowlings, intercoolers in leading
edges, plus the curved canopy front.
• Weights are included in the kit to ensure correct balance of the model when displayed.
• The canopy can be assembled open or closed. When closed, it is a 1-part slide-moulded piece with dedicated
F and G variant parts. The hatch is shown open sideways on the P-38F, and vertically on the P-38G.
• A detailed cockpit features the wheel-type controls, radio, throttle box and more.
• Comes with parts to recreate two each of 150-and 300-gallon drop tanks.
• Includes two marking options, including the “White 147” P-38G which took part in the interception of
Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto in April 1943.
• Mirror stickers are included to recreate cockpit mirror and engine cowling interior surface sections.
• Comes with canopy masking stickers and a full-colour painting guide.
Model: 61120 1/48 Lockheed P-38F/G Lightning WW2 Fighter Model Kit
Reviewed by Mark wigmore
Tamiya 1 48 p38 lighting
Excellent service, as usual. You are outstanding
Write a review
Wonderland Models deliver throughout the UK and Overseas. We endeavour to despatch orders immediately but certainly within 48 hours of receipt. Orders will only be dispatched once payment has been received.
Order value (including postage) up to £70: First Class Royal Mail £4.50 (Delivery Within 1-5 Days)
Order value (including postage) over £70: DPD £7.99 (Courier Delivery Next Working Day).
Please be sure to give us your mobile phone number when ordering as DPD offer an email/text message option to enable you to receive notification of despatch and estimated delivery time. The express service requires a signature on delivery and must be ordered before 2pm for next working day delivery. The courier does not deliver on a weekend or bank holidays.
Express delivery is two days to some postcodes, and these incur a £6 surcharge. A list of applicable postcodes can be seen here.
European deliveries are sent by DPD. For details of delivery costs and times by country please click here.
Delivery to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan and the USA is by Royal Mail or FedEx and is calculated on an order by order basis based on weight and size. We will contact you with the shipping costs on receipt of the order.
For full shipping details please see the delivery section of our website here.