Tamiya 1/32 NA F-51D Mustang Korean War Model Kit
Model Number: 60328
The Tamiya 1/32 North American F-51D Mustang Korean War Model Kit from the plastic aircraft model kits range accurately recreates the real life Korean War era US fighter plane.
This model requires paint and glue to complete.
Considered by many the most capable WWII fighters, the Mustang was also active in the Korean War, and this model creates one such F-51D. Renamed from the P-51D to the F-51D to go along with the creation of the US Air Force, the Mustang seemed set for gradual retirement as the jet aircraft took center stage. With the outbreak of hostilities on the Korean peninsula, however, that all changed. United Nations forces were hard pushed in the early stages of the war, and USAF P-80s were unable to land in areas where there were frequently no proper runways. The F-51D stepped in and performed admirably in a ground attack role as the United Nations forces pushed back.
- 1/32 scale plastic model assembly kit.
- Length: 308mm
- Wingspan: 354mm
- The six wing machine guns feature individual parts for ammunition belts.
- Underbelly radiators have depictions of interior structure. Radiator and oil cooler flaps are moving parts.
- Choose whether to display the kit in flight or parked (can be changed after assembly), with dedicated landing gear parts included. The tail wheel is attached with a magnet.
- Moving ailerons, rudders and elevators use metal shafts and photo-etched parts. Flaps are also movable with the use of poly caps.
- Magnet-attached engine cowls are molded in appropriately thin plastic.
- Features a 16-page full color A5-size booklet packed with information, and a dedicated four-language cover story.
- Parts included for six 5-inch HVAR rockets.
- Wider paddle blade propeller is accurately recreated.
- Features a choice of SCR-522 transceiver with BC-453B receiver, and new AN/ARC-3 transceiver set. Each has dedicated cockpit parts.
- New parts depict slitted fuselage side radiator access panel.
- Seated and standing pilot figures. The former uses new head parts featuring the P-1A helmet used in the Korean war.
- Comes with three marking options (two U.S. and one Korean)
Model: 60328 North American F-51D Mustang Korean War Model Kit
Write a review
Wonderland Models deliver throughout the UK and Overseas. We endeavour to despatch orders immediately but certainly within 48 hours of receipt. Orders will only be dispatched once payment has been received.
Order value (including postage) up to £70: First Class Royal Mail £4.50 (Delivery Within 1-5 Days)
Order value (including postage) over £70: DPD £7.99 (Courier Delivery Next Working Day).
Please be sure to give us your mobile phone number when ordering as DPD offer an email/text message option to enable you to receive notification of despatch and estimated delivery time. The express service requires a signature on delivery and must be ordered before 2pm for next working day delivery. The courier does not deliver on a weekend or bank holidays.
Express delivery is two days to some postcodes, and these incur a £6 surcharge. A list of applicable postcodes can be seen here.
European deliveries are sent by DPD. For details of delivery costs and times by country please click here.
Delivery to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan and the USA is by Royal Mail or FedEx and is calculated on an order by order basis based on weight and size. We will contact you with the shipping costs on receipt of the order.
For full shipping details please see the delivery section of our website here.