Tamiya R/C Toyota Hilux High Lift Model Kit
Model Number: 58397
Surface: Off Road
This item will be available in 3 days on 1st March 2017
It can be pre-ordered below.
The Tamiya Toyota Hi-Lux High Lift is a radio control truck kit. Combining nostalgic feel with modern mechanics, the superbly detailed classic Toyota pick-up truck body is now mounted on the same chassis as the Ford F-350 High-Lift.
About the Model
- Durable ladder frame chassis features steel channel and resin crossmembers for high strength.
- Adjustable front and rear leaf spring suspension system equipped with friction dampers.
- 3-speed transmission allows gear changing and realistic low-speed driving.
- Propeller shafts and slipper clutch efficiently transfer power to all wheels on any type of terrain.
- Differential may be easily locked in place to enable improved off-road performance.
- Highly-detailed body complete with new parts for rear bumper, muffler, side steps, side mirrors, and wipers, accurately reproduces the classic pick-up truck.
- Manufacturer logos depicted with metal transfer stickers, and various metal plated parts accentuate the truck's body.
- Quick-access battery compartment enables easy battery changes without removing body.
- Includes type 540 motor.
- Installing the separately available Pick-Up Truck Multi-Function Unit MFC-02 (ITEM 53957) will further enhance the truck and put a wide range of realistic light, sound, and vibration effects at your fingertips.
Wide Variety of Option Parts are separately available.
We have packaged the radio control system, battery and charger together for an easy additional purchase.
ELECTRIC KITS REQUIRE:
- Radio: 6-Channel with servo(s)
- Battery: 6-cell flat with standard Tamiya connector
- Charger: AC/DC timed or peak for 6-cell battery
- Paint: Humbrol acrylic spray paint
- ESC: Electronic Speed contoller
Model: 58397 R/C Toyota Hi-Lux High Lift Model Kit
Reviewed by Benjamin Bannister
Keep it pretty or Off-Road! But not both.
Building this car is a very satisfiying challenge. The 3-speed gearbox and two diffs, ladder frame chassis and leaf spring suspension are built up from component parts. If you don't know how the gearbox works on your real car you will after constructing this. Driving is best when a challenging slope is beaten with diffs locked and 4 wheel steer in use. It's not fast, despite the gears, but will climb steeper than 1 in 1 and over tree roots. If using the 4 wheel steer I recommend playing with the geometry to get more steer angle at the front than the rear. If you think the surf board is an excellent asthetic addition to this model you won't like what has happened to mine. I did fit the door mirrors and spot lights but the first time it rolled down a bank I removed what was left. Also mine is painted yellow with only the YO from TOYOTA (10 points for the film reference) and the back light covers held on with tape. The next decoration I'm planning is to paint over all the scrapes with a rusty colour, pretty it isn't. This is brilliant to build, great to drive over challenging terrain but yes, expensive. The price comes from the detail in it's engineering, if you like that you'll find it easy to justify the price. If you're buying it to keep shiny and look at, don't, but do get it dirty.
Write a review
Wonderland Models deliver throughout the UK and Overseas. We endeavour to despatch orders immediately but certainly within 48 hours of receipt. Orders will only be dispatched once payment has been received.
Order value (including postage) up to £70: First Class Royal Mail £3.95 (Delivery Within 1-5 Days)
Order value (including postage) over £70: Interlink Express £6.95 (Courier Delivery Next Working Day).
Please be sure to give us your mobile phone number when ordering as Interlink Express offer an email/text message option to enable you to receive notification of despatch and estimated delivery time. The express service requires a signature on delivery and must be ordered before 2pm for next working day delivery. The courier does not deliver on a weekend or bank holidays.
Express delivery is two days to some postcodes, and these incur a £6 surcharge. A list of applicable postcodes can be seen here.
European deliveries are sent by Interlink Express/DPD. For details of delivery costs and times by country please click here.
Delivery to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan and the USA is by Royal Mail or FedEx courier and is calculated on an order by order basis based on weight and size. We will contact you with the shipping costs on receipt of the order.
For full shipping details please see the delivery section of our website here.