Meng Models 1/35 German Leopard 1 A3/A4 MBT
Brand: Meng Models
Model Number: TS-007
The Meng Models 1/35 German Leopard 1 A3/A4 MBT from the plastic tank model kits range accurately recreates the real life German main battle tank. This model requires paint and glue to complete.
The Leopard 1 A3/A4 MBT had a crew of four. It was equipped with a L7A3 105mm rifled gun. Length - 9.54 m (gun forward); width - 3.37 m; combat weight - 42.4 tonnes; maxi. road speed - 65 km/h. It was fitted with a MB 838 CaM 500 water-cooled multi-fuel engine. The Leopard 1 A3 incorporated all the improvements of the Leopard 1 A2 but with a new welded turret of spaced armor with a wedge-shaped gun mantlet; the turret rear stowage bin was incorporated into the contour of the turret; the loader's periscope was movable in both elevation and azimuth. Leopard 1 A4 was fitted with the same turret as Leopard 1 A3, but had an integrated fire-control system, which improved the tank’s combat effectiveness and also provided a far higher hit probability. The Leopard 1 MBT became a standard equipment of European forces for its extraordinary reliability and outstanding tactical mobility, and served in over a dozen countries worldwide.
This 1/35 scale Leopard 1 A3/A4 MBT plastic model kit precisely represents the shape of German AFVs. Periscopes and lights are provided with clear parts; all hatches can be modeled open or closed; armor protection for periscope and grilles for engine compartment can be precisely presented with PE parts; track links and one-piece TPE tracks are included; three options (German Leopard 1 A3/A4 or Greek Leopard 1 A3) are provided.
- Details on the rear Leopard 1 A3/A4 hull are so realistic that no further improvement by modelers is needed.
- Excellent decals and grousers greatly improve the appearance of this model.
- Pioneer tools and side skirt on the left side of hull are perfectly represented.
- The PE engine grille looks very realistic.
- Turret weld beads, mantlet cover and searchlight are fine and realistic.
- Details of MG3 machine gun, commander’s and loader’s hatches are rich and fine.
- One-piece TPE tracks and track links are both provided for different needs of modelers.
- With the help of the movable suspension, this model can be built in the positions modelers like.
- This kit consists of olive drab and brown plastic sprues, a clear sprue, a set of one-piece TPE tracks, two PE frets and a decal sheet.
Manufacturer: Meng Models
Model: TS-007 German Leopard 1 A3/A4 MBT
Write a review
Wonderland Models deliver throughout the UK and Overseas. We endeavour to despatch orders immediately but certainly within 48 hours of receipt. Orders will only be dispatched once payment has been received.
Order value (including postage) up to £70: First Class Royal Mail £3.95 (Delivery Within 1-5 Days)
Order value (including postage) over £70: Interlink Express £6.95 (Courier Delivery Next Working Day).
Please be sure to give us your mobile phone number when ordering as Interlink Express offer an email/text message option to enable you to receive notification of despatch and estimated delivery time. The express service requires a signature on delivery and must be ordered before 2pm for next working day delivery. The courier does not deliver on a weekend or bank holidays.
Express delivery is two days to some postcodes, and these incur a £6 surcharge. A list of applicable postcodes can be seen here.
European deliveries are sent by Interlink Express/DPD. For details of delivery costs and times by country please click here.
Delivery to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan and the USA is by Royal Mail or FedEx courier and is calculated on an order by order basis based on weight and size. We will contact you with the shipping costs on receipt of the order.
For full shipping details please see the delivery section of our website here.