Meng Models 1/35 French Renault FT-17 Light Tank Cast Turret
Brand: Meng Models
Model Number: TS-008
The Meng Models 1/35 French Renault FT-17 Light Tank Cast Turret from the plastic tank model kits range accurately recreates the real life French milestone in tank design. This model requires paint and glue to complete.
During the early days of its service, the French FT-17 light tank was fitted with a riveted turret which had some disadvantages, such as complex manufacturing process, poor bullet-proof properties and failure to achieve a full rotation. Later, a new cast turret with riveted and welded construction was developed by Forges et aciéries Paul Girod. The new turret which was manufactured with a simplified process could achieve a full rotation, and it helped improve the tank’s overall performance.
The French FT-17 light tank with a cast turret could accommodate a crew of 2. It was armed with an 8mm Hotchkiss M1914 machine gun or a 37mm Puteaux SA18 gun. FT-17s of the French Army were upgraded with 7.5mm Reibel MAC Mle.31 machine gun from 1931 onwards. Those tanks were primarily used in the WWII.
Over 4100 FT-17s were built in France, and they were widely used in many countries around the world (27 countries confirmed). In the strict sense, the FT-17 was the first real tank in the world. It played a vital role in the history of tank development.
This 1/35 scale French FT-17 Light Tank (Cast Turret) plastic model kit faithfully represents the structure and shape of the real vehicle. Rich and fine interiors are provided; precise details are included; the movable suspension system is molded perfectly, and the weight-bearing parts are sturdy; cement-free workable track links are easy to assemble; three weapon options and a precision PE fret are provided; four paint schemes for tanks during the period from WWI to WWII are provided. Length: 142mm, Width: 51mm.
- This is the precise model of the earliest modern tank that had the first rotatable turret. The armor surfaces full of rivets will make you remember the old times.
- The riveted hull is replicated as per real structure. The cast turret looks realistic.
- There are rich details on the engine deck. Rivets on all armor surfaces are replicated as per real ones.
- Precise running gear consists of metal springs and rods. It truly reproduces the real structure and can absorb shocks.
- Workable cement-free tracks are easy to assemble.
- All hatches can be modeled open to present the precision interiors.
- Cab interiors are represented as per real things. There are realistic folds on the seat.
- The amazing power pack (incl. engine and transmission) is fully replicated.
- This kit consists of yellow plastic sprues, a PE fret, a decal sheet and some metal parts.
Manufacturer: Meng Models
Model: TS-008 French Renault FT-17 Light Tank Cast Turret
Write a review
Wonderland Models deliver throughout the UK and Overseas. We endeavour to despatch orders immediately but certainly within 48 hours of receipt. Orders will only be dispatched once payment has been received.
Order value (including postage) up to £70: First Class Royal Mail £3.99 (Delivery Within 1-5 Days)
Order value (including postage) over £70: Interlink Express £6.99 (Courier Delivery Next Working Day).
Please be sure to give us your mobile phone number when ordering as Interlink Express offer an email/text message option to enable you to receive notification of despatch and estimated delivery time. The express service requires a signature on delivery and must be ordered before 2pm for next working day delivery. The courier does not deliver on a weekend or bank holidays.
Express delivery is two days to some postcodes, and these incur a £6 surcharge. A list of applicable postcodes can be seen here.
European deliveries are sent by Interlink Express/DPD. For details of delivery costs and times by country please click here.
Delivery to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan and the USA is by Royal Mail or FedEx courier and is calculated on an order by order basis based on weight and size. We will contact you with the shipping costs on receipt of the order.
For full shipping details please see the delivery section of our website here.