New Tamiya Dual Ridge
Tamiya has just announced the release of the Dual Ridge in October 2014 which is the latest off road 4WD buggy on the TT-02B chassis. The TT-02B is based on the TT-02 entry level multi-purpose platform designed to be easy to assemble for first time R/C kit builders.
Its body features aggressive aerodynamics and a futuristic form which is legendary among Tamiya's fun to build and drive off-road buggies. The form itself was designed by a famous Japanese designer who is spearheading many of Honda Motors Companies vehicles of the not so distant future.
The TT-02B uses the TT-02 as s base, adding longer suspension arms, CVA shock units, and buggy bumpers to give it great off-road performance. Of course, it retains the TT-02's excellent drivability and easy of assembly and maintenance, while motor cooling ducts and receiver case add to the model's durability.
- Bathtub-type frame features longitudinally-placed battery and R/C mechanism placed flat for a low centre of gravity.
- 4-wheel double wishbone suspension features long arms and oil-filled CVA shock units, and is combined with high-grip spiked tires to give excellent traction.
- Front and rear gearboxes have differentials to ensure smooth cornering.
- Includes the Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC (Tamiya Brushless SensoredESC) Capable of running sensoredbrushless motors and brushed motors alike.
- Includes a Tamiya Torque Tuned brushed motor