Tamiya R/C Mini Cooper Racing Model Kit
Now £109.99 (save £40.00)
Excl. VAT: £91.66
The Tamiya Mini Cooper Racing is a 1/10 R/C radio control car self assembly model kit based on the M-05 chassis.
- Length: 315mm, Width: 167mm, Height: 135mm.
- The very popular Mini Cooper Racing car comes loaded on the new M-05 chassis.
- The servo, receiver, and ESC are mounted on the rear of the newly designed monocoque frame for better weight distribution and a lower center of gravity.
- The 3-piece tie-rod steering linkage offers sharp cornering performance.
- Sticker sheet included.
- Includes 60D radial tires and silver Rover Mini Cooper wheels.
- ESC and type 540 motor included.
- 2-channel R/C system, battery pack & charger are separately required.
- A wide variety of Option Parts for M-05 chassis machines and bodies are already available for further customization.
Wide Variety of Replacement Parts and Hop-Up Parts are separately available. Click Here to view
ELECTRIC KITS REQUIRE:
(unless stated differently above)
- Radio: 2-Channel with servo(s)
- Battery: 6-cell flat with standard Tamiya connector
- Charger: AC/DC timed or peak for 6-cell battery
- Paint: PS for Polycarbonate/TS for ABS
- Misc. Items: Building and track equipment
Model: 58438 R/C Mini Cooper Racing M-05 Chassis Model Kit
Send to a friend
Tamiya R/C Mini Cooper Racing Model Kit 6th August 2014
Fun but tricky first project
Firstly, excellent customer service from Wonderland Models and I received this kit within days to France, so thanks for that!
This was the first radio controlled car/kit that I have ever tried to build. After reading the instructions I thought it would take me weeks to do, but actually to build the entire chassis and have it ready to roll, it took less than two days and around 6-8 hours work. All being well the next step was to work on the body kit, this is where I ran into a few problems: firstly, cutting out the wheel wells was extremely difficult, so its best if you can buy specialist scissors for cutting curves/corners. Secondly, you have to use Tamiya PS sprays for the polycarbonate shell, I did not realise this before I purchased it, so I had to go back and buy these seperately.
As I write this review the last thing to do is apply the decals which is easy enough. The car runs really well and turn/corners fantastically. As this is my first tamiya/RC build I cannot compare it to anything yet, but I would definitely recommend this kit to anyone thinking about getting into the hobby, or in fact, anyone!
Tamiya R/C Mini Cooper Racing Model Kit 9th January 2013
Excellent model. Easy to build and finished looks great.
Tamiya R/C Mini Cooper Racing Model Kit 30th December 2009
1/10 Mini Cooper Racing M05
Great Kit!! Had great pleasure in building it and it is a lot more responsive than the previous model which i also own..Brill !!