Tamiya 1/24 Toyoda Model AA Model Kit
Model Number: 24339
The Tamiya 1/24 Toyoda Model AA from the plastic car model kits range accurately recreates the real life Japanese car. This model requires paint and glue to complete.
We also stock the full range of Tamiya Paints, Glues and Modelling Accessories required to complete this model.
Toyota has become a major player in the global auto industry, but like other manufactures it had humble beginnings. Tamiya recreates Toyota’s first production car, known as the Model AA, which was built by the automobile section of the Toyoda Automatic Loom Works company. The Model AA was their first production car, released in 1936 and as it was still an internal department of Toyoda, this car bears the unfamiliar “–da” ending to the brand name (in 1937 the automobile division became an individual entity and changed to the Toyota name still used today). The Model AA was sold as a domestically designed and produced competitor to US-made cars; its stylish and flowing body mounted on a ladder frame and the whole package powered by a 3.4-litre inline-6 engine. Around 1,400 AAs rolled out of the factory over its 6 years of production, an important first step in the making of the Toyota brand.
- Length: 202mm, width: 73mm, height: 75mm.
- Finely-finished metal-plated parts recreate front grille, headlight parts and more.
- Break-down of the model mimics that of the real Model AA.
- The body is placed directly onto the detailed ladder frame.
- Detailed leaf spring suspension.
- Metal plated hub caps.
- Detailed interior included with highly-realistic driver figure.
- Comes with photo-etched parts to recreate the elegant front wing emblem.
- Metal-plated parts are utilized to recreate bumpers, front grille, and windshield wipers.
- Metallic decals recreate body side and bonnet detailing.
Model: 24339 Toyoda Model AA
Write a review
Order value (including postage) up to £70: First Class Royal Mail £3.95 (Delivery Within 1-5 Days)
Order value (including postage) over £70: Interlink Express £6.95 (Courier Delivery Next Working Day).
Please be sure to give us your mobile phone number when ordering as Interlink Express offer an email/text message option to enable you to receive notification of despatch and estimated delivery time. The express service requires a signature on delivery and must be ordered before 2pm for next working day delivery. The courier does not deliver on a weekend or bank holidays.
Express delivery is two days to some postcodes, and these incur a £6 surcharge. A list of applicable postcodes can be seen here.
For full shipping details please see the delivery section of our website here.