Hornby Railways Class 20 TTS Sound Decoder
Brand: Hornby Railways
Model Number: R8118
The Hornby TTS Decoder for Class 20 offers a great alternative for those modellers that would like to add sound, but at a more affordable price.
- F0 Headlight/rearlight
- F1 Engine start/stop
- F2 Horn high-low
- F3 Horn low-high
- F4 Brake squeal
- F5 NOTCH up
- F6 NOTCH down
- F7 Return to IDLE
- F8 Thrash
- F9 Cold start override
- F10 Horn high two bursts
- F11 Door slam
- F12 Fan
- F13 Horn long high
- F14 Horn low two bursts
- F15 Primer
- F16 Slow flange squeal
- F17 Spirax valve
- F18 Horn low
- F19 Horn high
- F20 Wagons buffering
- F21 Wagons clanging
- F22 Coupling 1
- F23 Guard's whistle
- F24 Coupling 2
- F25 Aux (if used in locomotive)
- Supports short and long decoder addresses
- Adjustable acceleration and deceleration
- Back EMF load compensation
- Up to 19 controllable spot sounds dependent on model including whistles or horns etc
- Two sound channels allowing for simultaneous play of full locomotive engine sounds, & individual spot sounds e.g. horns, whistles, brakes, wagons coupling etc. NOTE: Only one spot sound can be played at the same time
- It is possible to alter the volume of each sound through an individual dedicated CV. Range 0-8
- Decoder is equipped to support directional front and rear lighting operation via F0 on the controller, providing that the product is fitted with lights
- The decoder is equipped with 1 aux function output controlled by F18 or F25 dependent on locomotive type (diesel or steam)
- Motor current - maximum continuous 500mA
- Motor current - peak 1amp (no function load)
- Function output current maximum—100mA (unprotected)
- Decoder current maximum continuous - 800mA (shared motor and functions)
- Number of sound channels - 2
- Termination - 8 pin plug NEM652. NMRA
IMPORTANT - The decoder does not support sound under DC (analogue) operation. Sounds can only be played under DCC (digital) operation. This applies to all sounds, both running and spot sounds. The locomotive's motor may be controlled under DC operation.
Model: R8118 Hornby TTS Sound Decoder for Class 20
Write a review
Wonderland Models deliver throughout the UK and Overseas. We endeavour to despatch orders immediately but certainly within 48 hours of receipt. Orders will only be dispatched once payment has been received.
Order value (including postage) up to £70: First Class Royal Mail £3.99 (Delivery Within 1-5 Days)
Order value (including postage) over £70: Interlink Express £6.99 (Courier Delivery Next Working Day).
Please be sure to give us your mobile phone number when ordering as Interlink Express offer an email/text message option to enable you to receive notification of despatch and estimated delivery time. The express service requires a signature on delivery and must be ordered before 2pm for next working day delivery. The courier does not deliver on a weekend or bank holidays.
Express delivery is two days to some postcodes, and these incur a £6 surcharge. A list of applicable postcodes can be seen here.
European deliveries are sent by Interlink Express/DPD. For details of delivery costs and times by country please click here.
Delivery to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan and the USA is by Royal Mail or FedEx courier and is calculated on an order by order basis based on weight and size. We will contact you with the shipping costs on receipt of the order.
For full shipping details please see the delivery section of our website here.