Dragon 1/72 Apollo 17 The Last Mission Model Kit
Model Number: 11015
This item is not yet available. We can send you a reminder when it becomes available for pre-order.
The Dragon Apollo 17 The Last Mission Model Kit in 1/72 scale from the plastic space model kits range accurately recreates the real life spacecraft, vehicle and astronauts from the Apollo Lunar missions.
This Dragon space model requires paint and glue to complete. This is just one of many great kits from the Dragon plastic models range.
For this model we recommend using paints from the following ranges.
We also highly recommend the following ranges for tools and accessories.
- Brand new Lunar Rover
- Detailed interior of Scientific Instrument Module (SIM) bay newly produced
- 2 realistic 1/72 scale figures included
- Preformed "Moon Landing" display base
- Detailed high-gain antenna and Lunar Communication Relay Unit (LCRU) included
- Intricate 16mm camera and power pack
- Under-seat stowage reproduced
- Details reproduced on rear of Lunar Rover
- Well-defined wheels w/authentic tire tread pattern
- Command/Service Module produced w/HF and VHF antennas
- Docking Probe Assembly rendered w/intricate detail
- Photo-etched Service Module antennas authentically reproduced
- Aft heat shield molded w/fine detail
- Realistic service propulsion system reproduced
- Delicate Lunar Module w/astonishing detail
- Well-defined landing pads
- Egress platform with delicate detail
- Small reaction control thrusters assembled w/crisp details
- Detailed parts for deploying Lunar Roving Vehicle (LRV)
- Realistic landing radar antenna molded w/details
- Intricate docking target and VHF antenna on ascent stage
- S-band steerable antenna and rendezvous radar antenna can be folded up/down
NASA’s Apollo space program successfully placed man on the Moon, but a number of other missions followed even after this milestone had been achieved. The final mission was Apollo 17, the sixth flight to the Moon’s surface. (Interestingly, it is also the last time man landed on the Moon). Apollo 17 blasted off from the Kennedy Space Center on 7 December 1972 and landed in the Taurus-Littrow valley in order to sample lunar highland material. The Lunar Module (LM) christened Challenger contained the program’s third Lunar Roving Vehicle (LRV), which enabled the astronauts to explore during the three-day J-type mission. Eventually the lunar ascent module docked with the orbiting Command/Service Module (CSM) named America before heading home.
Dragon is proud to offer a full set model kits representing this important and final Apollo mission. A newly tooled LRV is included. It’s accurately made to 1/72 scale and is beautifully detailed. The LRV is made even more eye-catching by the fact that an astronaut can sit behind the wheel as he explores his authentic-looking diorama base. Indeed, the inclusion of the CSM, LM and an additional astronaut makes for an amazing scene. It’s incredible that so much can fit inside a single box, but each item has been carefully molded. Furthermore, pre-painted parts for the reflective-surfaces of the descent module are available in Dragon’s first production. Now collectors can relive the final Apollo mission!
Model: 11015 Apollo 17 The Last Mission Model Kit
Write a review
Wonderland Models deliver throughout the UK and Overseas. We endeavour to despatch orders immediately but certainly within 48 hours of receipt. Orders will only be dispatched once payment has been received.
Order value (including postage) up to £70: First Class Royal Mail £3.95 (Delivery Within 1-5 Days)
Order value (including postage) over £70: Interlink Express £6.95 (Courier Delivery Next Working Day).
Please be sure to give us your mobile phone number when ordering as Interlink Express offer an email/text message option to enable you to receive notification of despatch and estimated delivery time. The express service requires a signature on delivery and must be ordered before 2pm for next working day delivery. The courier does not deliver on a weekend or bank holidays.
Express delivery is two days to some postcodes, and these incur a £6 surcharge. A list of applicable postcodes can be seen here.
European deliveries are sent by Interlink Express/DPD. For details of delivery costs and times by country please click here.
Delivery to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan and the USA is by Royal Mail or FedEx courier and is calculated on an order by order basis based on weight and size. We will contact you with the shipping costs on receipt of the order.
For full shipping details please see the delivery section of our website here.