AR Drone 2.0 Now Available
As a pilot you can soar high with the new AR Drone 2.0, Parrot’s next generation quadricopter, thanks to its intuitive smartphone and tablet control. You’ll never be closer to flying as you view the earth from high above in high definition and directly share your experience online with the world.
Download AR.FreeFlight 2.0, the free control application, on the App Store or the Android market and you are ready to fly! By tilting your device, you control the direction of your AR.Drone, and by releasing it, the AR.Drone is instantly stabilized.
Thanks to the AR.Drone’s autopilot feature, anyone can be an expert as the embedded sensors allow for easy take-off and landing. The new AR.Drone 2.0 also features the exclusive and patented Absolute Control piloting mode for beginners that can be adjusted with your growing expertise.
Record Your Videos in HD
As you fly, the HD video is recorded and sent directly to your device. With one click, upload your video from the user-friendly interface seemlessly to Youtube or share your pictures on Picasa. With the new piloting application, everything is simple and done wirelessly in an instant. For pilots looking to shoot longer videos, a USB plug-in has been added for larger recording storage.
With the new AR.Drone 2.0-generated WiFi N Connection, you can fly as far as 165 feet away. The AR.Drone 2.0 pressure sensors on-board provide unique stability that will automatically correct and maintain a still position in the air regardless of altitude and wind up to 15 m/h.
This flip move is exclusive to AR.Drone 2.0. Become a daring pilot and perform barrel rolls by simply hitting a button.
Join the Pilot Community
Keep track of your flights data, location, photos and videos and share them with a community of other pilots from all over the world thanks to the AR.Drone Academy. Check who is flying in your neighborhood or watch videos from pilots at the other end of the world!
- HD Camera: 720p 30fps
- Wide angle lens: 92 degree diagonal
- H264 encoding base profile - Low latency streaming
- Video storage on the fly with remote device or with USB 2.0 key
- JPEG photo capture (720p)
- 3 cell 1,000 mAH LiPo rechargeable battery
- High pitch propeller for great maneuverability
- 4 brushless inrunner motors with micro ball bearing and rare earth magnets, 14.5 watt & 28,500 rpm when hovering
- Self-lubricating bronze bearings, tempered steel proper shafts
- Low noise Nylatron gears for 8.625 propeller shafts
- Emergency stop controlled by software
- Fully reprogrammable motor controller
- Water resistant electronic motor controller
- Foam to isolate the inertial center from the engine’s vibrations
- EPP hull: Carbon fiber tubes, 380g with outdoor hull, 420g with indoor hull
- High grade 30% fiber charged nylon plastic parts
- Liquid Repellent Nano-Coating on ultrasound sensors
- Fully repairable: all parts and instructions for repairing are available on Parrot website
- 16Hz 32 bit ARM Cortex A8 processor
- with 800MHz video DSP TMS320DMC64x
- 16bit DDR2 RAM at 200MHz
- 8 MIPS AVR CPU per motor controller
- 3 axis accelerometer +/- 50mg precision
- 3 axis gyroscope 2000 degree/second precision
- Pressure sensor +/- 10 Pa precision (80cm / 2.6 feet at sea level)
- 60 fps vertical QVGA camera for ground speed measurement
- Ultrasound sensors for ground altitude measurement
- 3 axis magnetometer 6 degree precision
- Linux 2.6.32
- Wi-Fi b/g/n